Yes - A visa is required for travel to Japan

Thursday, March 30, 2017

A valid passport and visa are required for employment in Japan.

Send these documents to Travisa


Passport Requirements:

Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in Japan, with at least two blank passport pages available for available for Japanese visa stamp. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for Japan visas.


Japan Visa Application Form:

One Japanese visa application form. After placing your order, fill out the application form included in your Visa Application Kit.


Photo Requirements:

One recent 2 x 2 passport type photograph, in color, front view and with a plain/white background.

OR - you can upload a passport photo when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.


Letter of Authorization:

Atlanta: Two Signed Letter of Authorization Forms


Official Invitation:

Original and one photocopy of the "Certificate of Eligibility" from the Ministry of Justice in Japan obtained by the Japanese sponsor.


Special Instructions:

Travelers who are not Japanese or holding a Japanese passport will be asked to provide their finger prints and will be photographed. Anyone under the age of 16 will not be required to provide a finger print or photograph.
Residents of Southern California: A personal appearance at the consulate is mandatory. Those making a personal appearance may be required to collect the passport in person. If the applicant cannot return to the consulate to collect the visa, then Travisa can arrange to pick up the applicant's passport and visa and send it via secure, overnight delivery. The applicant must provide the original receipt issued by the consulate in order for Travisa to assist. Additional information may be required after the consul reviews the documents.
Residents of Arizona: A personal appearance is not required.

This is Travisa's service order form, where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the visa processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to Travisa with all other supporting documents.

Click here for Japan Consular Fees and Visa Processing Times

Visa Processing Time:

Applications submitted with the Certificate of Eligibility are generally processed in 4 business days. Rush service may be available for additional fees. Please visit our Consular Fees page for details.

Register your trip with the US Embassy:

The US State Department strongly encourages American citizens planning international travel to register with the US Embassy(s) in the countries they plan to visit. Registration notifies the US Embassy in each country of your travel plans and enrolls you in the State Department travel advisory and warnings program. Feel more secure about your international travels by having Travisa register your trip with the US Department of State; simply complete the form on your visa application kit after placing your order.

Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession.

How to Apply for a Visa to Japan

  • Review the requirements to apply for your visa
  • Gather your documents and complete the forms
  • Ship your documents to our office

Where to Apply for Your Japanese Visa

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Atlanta :

Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia

Travisa - Atlanta
316 Hammond Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Boston :

Connecticut (except Fairfield County, which is under the jurisdiction of New York), Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont

Travisa - Boston
294 Washington St., Suite 1001
Boston, MA 02108
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Chicago :

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Travisa - Chicago
111 East Wacker Drive, Suite 512
Chicago, IL 60601
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Houston :

Oklahoma and Texas.

Travisa - Houston
2 Greenway Plaza Suite 200
Houston, TX 77046
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Los Angeles :

Arizona and Southern California (counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Imperial, Riverside, San Bernadino, Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo.)

Travisa - Los Angeles
5757 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 570
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Miami :


Travisa - Miami
169 E. Flager Street Suite 1522
Miami, FL 33131
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in New York :

Connecticut (Fairfield County only), Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, West Virginia, and U.S. Virgin Islands.

Travisa - New York
60 E. 42nd Street, Suite 106-107 Lobby
New York, NY 10165
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Washington, DC :

Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC.

Travisa - Washington, DC
4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 250
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in :

Alaska, Arkansas, California (Northern Counties), Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Washington and Wyoming

Please contact the nearest embassy or consulate directly.